webuser_345490402

Dark spots / marks / stain on marble

HU-345490402
3 years ago

Hi does anyone know what could have caused these dark marks? have tried wiping off but won’t seem to budge. the marble top is newly fitted as part of the bathroom and wasn’t there when purchased so we think it was caused during installation. any help would be appreciated thanks!

Comments (5)

• Sarah U-S
    3 years ago

I’m not sure - however did you seal the marble when it was fitted? Marble stains really easily. We had marble tiles fitted in our bathroom last year and sealed them as instructed by the supplier. We also had a vanity fitted with a marble top and there were absolutely no instructions about needing to seal it - so I double checked with the bathroom company who sold it - only then did they say it needed sealing. If we hadn’t questioned it, we wouldn’t have known!

HU-345490402 thanked Sarah U-S
  • HU-345490402
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks Sarah. To be honest we didn’t know it would need sealing. we haven’t moved into the property yet but only noticed this upon inspecting the builders work. to me it looks like grout haze and drips possibly from where the fitter may have washed his hands. I may be wrong but thought I’d check if anyone else had any experience with this!

• Sarah U-S
    3 years ago

To be fair - your photos show it blending in with the natural veining in the marble.
    Maybe just give it a really good clean with something gentle suitable for marble.

HU-345490402 thanked Sarah U-S
  • Daisy England
    3 years ago

It’s difficult to tell from the images TBH. However as said marble is porous.

HU-345490402 thanked Daisy England
  • alnm_cox
    3 years ago

We had a vanity with a marble top and everything stained it. Soap left marks And the liquid soap bottle left a ring. I used some dilute hydrogen peroxide to get the marks out. y might then be able to seal it bette.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.