su_nicholls_hope

Where to site a downstairs toilet?

Su Nicholls-Hope
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi, we are going through a ‘love it or list it’ exercise and the sticking point seems to be where could we fit a downstairs toilet. The bathroom is sited directly above the dining room so would make sense to site it there but would mean what is already a small dining room. Alternatively it could go in the utiility which has windows all around but would mean blocking up windows and reducing further the light into an already dark kitchen. Sitting under the stairs is not an option as we had a new boiler put in there and the roof height is too low. Also not keen to have a toilet off a kitchen and not sure if this is allowed anyway. Another thought is in the single storey extension but when that is used as an occasional bedroom it would mean access via the bedroom. Also a bit worried about how plumbing and waste would get to that part of the house. Any suggestions welcome. Planning on a new kitchen at somr point if we stay so not precious about moving kitchen around. Ps please expand the picture to see the full floor plan!

Comment

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.