ben_selby17

HELP!! How to lay out our new kitchen. I am going mad!

Ben Selby
3 years ago

We are moving into a new home in a few weeks and I have an absolute dilemma on how we should be laying out the ground floor, specifically the kitchen.

We know we want to put a downstairs WC in, as well as having a small walk in larder/utility room, ideally with space for a washer and dryer. All the plumbing services are on the left hand side of the building, but there is a decent depth cavity below the floor so it wouldn't be impossible to take plumbing work to an island in the middle of the room.

I have looked at a few layout options and although the room is large, none seem to quite end up working and we end up with appliances in clashing zones etc.

I really like the idea of having a hidden door entrance to the pantry, something like this, but if it means we lose storage or worktop space it might not be worth it...

I have attached a few of the plans I have hand drawn, as well as a plain floorplan with dimensions that show the space as it is now.

Comments (15)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.