debonweb_100

Partial Kitchen "Re-Do" - Who to Approach?

debonweb_100
3 years ago

Will try to keep this short but a bit of background first will help I think: I bought just a little 2 bed mid-terrace in 2016 and have done all-sorts to it to make it mine and am very happy with it generally. Had the kitchen ripped out almost immediately after moving in however and had a new one fitted as I couldn’t wait any longer. It’s not that bad by any stretch of the imagination but, in hindsight I should have waited for a little while longer, thought about it more and used better fitters, as I ended up with what I can only call semi-cowboys. Some things that have been bugging me for ages need redoing and I want to reconfigure just a small part of the room but who do I go to? I have my own ideas but was thinking an interior designer with their expertise could perhaps inject some fresh ideas/suggestions that I hadn’t considered. Perhaps they wouldn’t be interested in a partial redesign only however? Would the costs be exorbitant/prohibitive?

Or should I just approach a local kitchen company? I don’t think they would be interested though as I probably only need to buy one or two new cabinets – as it’s only partial – so wouldn’t be buying a full kitchen from them. I’m just not sure what to do here so any advice really would be appreciated.

Thank you

Comments (4)

• Ellie
    3 years ago

Why don't you take some pics of the different areas of the kitchen, post them here and tell us what you don't like about it and what you are planning. A floorplan with measurements will help too.

debonweb_100 thanked Ellie
  • Daisy England
    3 years ago

A local kitchen company should be able to help. If you’re only looking for a couple of cabinets then I don’t think it’s worth involving a designer. The cost might outway the budget.

We are based in Staffordshire and regularly get asked for similar small jobs. Some companies won’t be interested but plough on finding someone who is because they are out there.

debonweb_100 thanked Daisy England
  • debonweb_100
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you both Ellie and Daisy. I was thinking the same Daisy - re costs for a designer. The ideas I have do involve moving some things from where they are though and I thought a designer may have some alternative suggestions. Then again any good kitchen co. would too I guess! I will make some calls and expect some 'not interested' responses but, as you say, there will be someone out there.

I may do that in the end Ellie re the pics etc but to be honest I'm up to my eyes with other stuff at the moment and it would take me a long time to explain the full thing .... [possibly a couple of A4 pages long ... lol]. It''s not really what I don't like it's more a little move of a couple of things and some narrow vertical shelving for trays and storage jars that I asked the semi-cowboys to do. Looks fine from a distance but when you look closely it's a bit of a botch job and - although really handy and useful - it drives me insane when I look closely at how they've done it! I won't even start on the fact that I've just discovered my lovely slide n hide built in oven isn't installed/connected correctly so that will need to come out and have my trusted electrician make it safe. Since 2016 I've been using it too! Hob cooking for me until this gets sorted I think!

Thanks again.

• Sonia
    3 years ago

Houzz Community is exactly what you need. We have some very talented people who can look at plans and photos and find ways to improve a layout. All for free! Some are great at layout and others good at decor. When you are ready, whenever that is, share a plan (hand written is fine), share some photos and we’ll all get cracking to help. You can then decide what you do and don’t like. You don’t have to do anything we suggest, or you might want to do it all! We all love doing it so it will be no trouble. 💕

debonweb_100 thanked Sonia
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.