george_powerfinch

Home renovation costs?

George Power Finch
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi everyone,

We are looking at buying a house which is under our budget by about £30-£35k, but its quite old fashioned and needs some update, one of the biggest (yet smallest) jobs would be an extension to make the utility room the same length as the kitchen, its literally about 1m and that's it. Any one have any idea on cost?

I've attached the floor plans (current floor plan and the one we want to try and achieve) so if anyone has done anything similar please do let us know rough costs.

As a bullet point, this is what we want to do:

• Extend utility room by 1m to make it same length as kitchen
  • Knock through wall between kitchen, utility room and dining room to make one big open plan kitchen diner (wall between kitchen and utility used to be an outer wall so not sure if its load bearing or not.
  • New kitchen with island (15-20 units) excluding appliances. (reasonable quality)
  • New stair bannisters.
  • New bathroom (flooring and tiling - bathroom appliance estimated to be about £1000)
  • New downstairs laminate flooring (estimated to be around £1500-£2000)
  • Bespoke under stairs storage turning it into a small utility room.
  • new electrics (we think they’re about 30 yrs old)

I know this may seem a bit hit and miss as there's big differences in quality / style of fittings etc... but we mainly would like to know the cost of the extension, as its a small one!

Thanks in advance!

New floorplan:

Current floorplan:

George.

Comments (7)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.