scotto87

Help with floor plan / extension etc

scotto87
3 years ago

hello there,

My partner and I are currently in the process of purchasing this 1930s 3 bed semi-detached house.

It is a corner plot, with the front garden extending right out to the left, down the side and across the back. you could build another house behind it it is that big.

We have these basic gloor plans at the moment.

We were wanting to add an extension to the back (maybe go out another metre and then across the back. open up the dining room and have a big open plan space with nice bi-fold doors into the back.

We were thinking of creating a utility room along with having a nice big kitchen, dining area and seating area in the open plan space.

Upstairs the front small bedroom will become an office space. And we would like to knock the partition wall down to the separate toilet and make it one bathroom. in an ideal world my partner wants a walk in wardrobe type room. Which can't really happen as we will need the bedrooms. so I was thinking of a smaller in room partitioned walk in wardrobe. But I guess we can't really look at that without getting into the property and working on size / space.

I was wondering if anyone here had any ideas given our current floor plan and what we would like to do? we have created a bunch of ideas but nothing is really set in stone and we are new to this.

Comments (31)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.