olivia38

Roof space in extra-tall WC - dry clothes?

olivia38
3 years ago

Hello Houzzers, we’re mid building work on a small extension to the back of our 1850s house. As it’s listed and in a conservation area planning controls meant we had to keep the extra tall outside loo and build around it! I’ve made peace with this and the loo is now going to be a shower but it has left me wondering if I can utilise the extra roof space. The dream (oh, how these have changed over the years!) would be to put drying washing (three boys - there’s a lot of washing...) in there out of sight on one of those pulley systems. Would a dehumidifier make this possible do you think? I’d be grateful for your thoughts. Thanks so much.

INTERNAL measurements with no allowance for plaster etc

D: 990mm
W: 1330 mm
H: 3150mm

Comments (4)

• PRO
    i-architect
    3 years ago

Yes definitely - a good ventilation system and a pulley system for hanging washing would work. Washing might not dry that well if the shower is in constant use, but if it's less frequently used and not used when there's stuff drying in there then it could work. You might find an extractor with a heat exchange would work well because this will help retain the heat but push the moisture laden air out. Good luck with your project. :)

• olivia38
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you - I’ve just googled extractor with heat exchange!

• peggysue67
    3 years ago

Could you not put your washer dryer in there too instead of a shower and make it a laundry room?

• olivia38
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I would have loved that but as we currently have just one bathroom a second shower won out.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.