cb1970

Can this wetroom be changed into a bathroom?

Caroll Brown
3 years ago

My bathroom had been converted into a wetroom for the previous owner. I'd love to get the whole thing redone but think it would cost at least £6K upwards. I am now thinking if I could get a narrow bath installed where the shower is and get a smaller basin nearer to the toilet, that might work for now, as the wetroom is not working too well, as you have to walk through the shower area to access the loo and basin, it always seems to be constantly wet.

Bette do a bath (bette starlet) that is 650mm wide x 1600mm length, the width of the bathroom is 114cm, so that would allow 49cm to pass - is that enough?

Would a 650mm wide bath be annoying to shower in?

What screen options would I have if showering in the middle of the bath?

Currently there is a embedded tray in the floor with a drain, would that be annoying to connect a bath drain into (by a plumber)? Would the floor and tra need to be taken up? Could a branch be taken from the basin to become the water source for the bath? I really don't want to re-tile the whole room, I'd patch parts of the tiles if really needed, and I don't want to take up the floor. I really want to add a bath and basin with minimum disruption to everything else in the room :)

Photo and plan of current room

potential layout but with a shower over bath

1600 x 650mm bath

Really small basin 340 x 295mm

Any help and advice would be great (I posted before but can't seem to edit that post)

thank you!

Comment (1)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.