walshc17

is the better way to reconfigure layout

redeignrookie 17
3 years ago

I am locating to add a den/snug/family room to my house. A second issue with current layout is limited kitchen counter space. The attached garage is not really used so thinking of reconfiguring the layout to incorporate new living space in a cost effective way within current floor plan. All of the sun pours into the back garden all day so my plan is to situate snug at back of the house in existing wc/utility space, dividing existing garage to relocate the wc/utility whilst still retaining some garage space for bike lawnmower spades etc - I reckon a 6ft deep garage would suffice. I had initially proposed access via the kitchen as is currently but if I relocate access under the fairly sizeable stairs (full height at point nearest the kitchen wall so full size doorway possible) I would gain added counter space is the kitchen also. Am satisfied I could meet all my needs without resorting to an extension so looking for advise as to whether this proposed reconfiguration makes sense? Is it weird that the toilet is essentially accessed via snug albeit toilet will not be directly viewable if I locate seating on the external side wall. Can this design be improved - but trying to work with what we have with minimal removal of walls versus taking an open plan approach

Comment (1)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.