webuser_263008917

floorboards in bedrooms/landing?

HU-263008917
3 years ago

Hi,

Renovating a Victorian terrace at the moment and love the look of original floorboards teamed with rugs for upstairs (landing and bedrooms). We would need to get the current floorboards restored and sanded, etc.

We have children and my worry is about soundproofing and insulation - having previously lived in a first floor flat with floorboards in the flat above, I distinctly remember how loud the acoustic and impact noise was. I don’t want to be listening to kids thundering around their bedroom or equally having to worry about waking them up from downstairs. If we put in decent sized, good quality rugs (perhaps with an extra underlay mat beneath), do you think this would mitigate that? Would love to hear from anyone who has this set up in a similar age house.

Thanks so much!

Comments (2)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.