webuser_594252114

Best fabric for cafe curtains in bedroom?

Lydia Blake
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

My bedroom has a bay window that gets lots of light, but looks straight out onto the street.Since lockdown I have been working from home from a desk in the bay and find it hard to work watching the world going past and had the idea of installing simple cafe curtains across the lower half of the window.What sort of fabric should I be looking for?The aim would be to provide privacy as well as minimising distractions; I really like idea of being able to lay in bed and see the sky but not be seen. I want something opaque (the aim is that I can pass by nude without my being seen from outside!) but it doesn't matter if silhouettes will be seen from outside at night as am keeping the existing curtains to layer. We used to have venetian blinds but I took them down. I hated them as they took a lot of fiddling to get right and blocked out too much light.

Comments (2)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.