southwestgirl20

Utility versus Dining Room?

Deirdre Flynn
3 years ago

We have a standard 3 bed Victorian terrace with a joining sitting and dining room. We are having some building work done and are debating whether to split the dining room pretty much equally in half. We were thinking one half of the dining room could become a utility room with access from the hallway. We already have a downstairs toilet, so this would just be a utility room for washing/laundry/spillover boots/storage. And the other half to remain as part of the sitting room. We were thinking the half in the sitting room to feature a desk and also built in bookshelves/drinks cabinet.

However this is not the forever home and we worry that splitting the dining room might not be appealing for future buyers. Does anyone have any thoughts on whether the above work would be a good or bad move? Do people value utility rooms or would they prefer a joining sitting and dining room? We'll do up both rooms either way, just trying to decide on function right now...

Great to get everyone's thoughts :)

Utility Room
Dining Room

Comments (6)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.