webuser_197868393

How to add colours to open plan kitchen/living/dining

S No
3 years ago

Hi, I have purchased a ground floor flat in typical London terrace shape. I’m planning to do a side return extension which will leave me with a room about 4.15m x 4.24m which will need to combine kitchen/living/dining. We are a couple with no kids

so even though it is small it’s doable for us.

The problem I’m having is figuring out how to bring colour into the room and have separate feeling areas without looking too jarring. I don’t normally like open plan style because I’m big on colours and would like to for example have a yellow or otherwise bright And fresh kitchen, a cosy navy dining room with gold accents and a brighter living area, maybe teal.

This is all I could come up with so far. I wasn’t planning to have an opening to the courtyard from the open plan area so point A would be a wall I could paint navy. Point B could be a section of the wall painted or papered with a teal colour. The party wall is lovely London brick which we would leave exposed

Comments (2)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.