izzyjeynes

Franke or Quooker hot taps?

izzyjeynes
3 years ago

Hi! Does anyone have any advice or preference between these 2 makes of hot taps please? Thank you very much.

Comments (19)

• minipie
    3 years ago

We went for a Quooker because we wanted a flex hose tap and we also wanted a limescale filter (hard water area) and only Quooker offered those two

• izzyjeynes
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Hi, oh great I didn’t realise Quooker did a limescale filter - I definitely need that! Thanks for your help x

• izzyjeynes
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Hi, thank you so much for the info! Really useful. Do you happen to know the size needed underneath the sink to fit one? I am having a Belfast sink (215mm deep) and worried it won’t fit!!
    Thanks again,
    Izzy

• PRO
    Lifestyle Kitchens
    3 years ago

Franke have a range of hot taps with heaters that fit in the plinth space, not a lot of room under a belfast sink. Your base unit would be 500 tall and you'll also have your sink waste, hot and cold isolators and possibly dishwasher/washing machine waste pipes and isolators as well to fit in there so it might be quite crowded in there.

• winterfloods
    3 years ago

We chose a Quooker 4 years ago because of the limescale issue. A word of advice, we didn’t renew the limescale cartridge as soon as we should have and when we got around to doing it.......ugh! Should have done it far earlier and perhaps by their technicians. OH is perfectly competent but a bit too old to be laying on the floor fiddling with things!

• izzyjeynes
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks for the advice! Ha yes I think I’ll leave it to the professionals :-)

• Ribena Drinker
    3 years ago

Another Quooker fan here, one reason being it only requires a cold feed not two - hot and cold - feeds that most other boiling water taps do.

• izzyjeynes
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you. Yes to be honest I think I’ll go with Quooker as like the fizzy water option. Thanks all 🙏

• Jenny
    3 years ago

We’ve had a Quooker tap for two years now, great for instant boiling water, some other taps can’t do boiling just very hot. Only thing you need to be aware of is the overflow pipe, it got full overtime and flooded our kitchen cupboard. We now have to maintain that regularly so it’s not a big deal but something we weren’t aware of.

• izzyjeynes
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you so much Jenny - I had absolutely no idea about this! Will definitely keep an eye on that - thank you x

• Sarah U-S
    3 years ago

Quooker from me too! I might be wrong, but I remember the Franke not being 100 deg - however it’s now quite a few years ago! There’s another option - my brother has just bought a Qettle Tap. It’s British made and seems fab so far. It’s also significantly cheaper than Quooker.

https://www.qettle.com

• izzyjeynes
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Oh thank you Sarah, I have not heard of this company and they are more than half the price of Quooker! I’m just checking with them if they do different coloured taps (I was after a black one). Thanks again 👍

• Sarah U-S
    3 years ago

No worries - I read about them on a Houzz thing a few years ago and mentioned it to my brother when they were having a new kitchen. I have a Quooker - and I have to say, it’s very similar!

• izzyjeynes
    Original Author
    3 years ago

That’s great to know! Thank you so much for the mention! X

• engana
    last year

I have a Franke Minerva Mondial 3 in 1 Instant Boiling Water Tap and would like to replace it to a Quooker Flex but I want to keep my Franke boiler tank. Is this possible? Any guidance is really appreciated

• Daisy England
    last year

I would have thought that they work alongside the same manufacturers parts so Franke have their own parts as do Quooker. A plumber might be able to help.

• angelavdavis
    last year

Love my quooker tap! It’s been the best feature in my new kitchen hands down.

• PRO
    Caldicot Kitchen & Bathroom Centre
    last year

Engana, personally I would not advocate "mixing & matching" between brands - they are all designed differently, work on different principles for pressure & temperature and you are likely to invalidate all your warranties from both brands doing what you propose.

Pick a brand, and stick with it is my professional recommendation.

Caldicot Kitchens

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.