sidney_macdonald

Kitchen and hallway rearranging

S Mac
3 years ago

Good afternoon! We live in a town house and the living space on the ground floor is limited. We have two small children, I run a baking business part time and we need more storage as well as a space for a dining table. We currently have a round table in the alcove in the kitchen and my baking things are in boxes behind the front door.

We are currently toying with the idea of moving the angled wall to make the alcove a rectangle shape and building a bench seat for storage inside, swapping the table for a rectangle table and two chairs on the opposite side to the bench. For storage of baking items, build a floor to ceiling cupboard behind the front door with shelves.

An alternative idea that will cost more and needs more thought, is to create an entrance hall, block the stair case in and knock the wall with the kitchen door down to open out the space. We don’t like the idea of having it completely open to the front door and stairs but we do use the back door as our main entrance (our cars are at the back). I’m not sure how much we would gain vs the cost of this though and I’m conscious we don’t want to do anything major that will put potential buyers off in the future.

Comments (2)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.