pirhana108

How do I fix hairline cracks on old covings?

P108 P
3 years ago

Hello
I'll be very grateful if anybody could shed some light on this, basically I have old covings in my house which has lots of hair line cracks all over and some dents. I have sanded and filled the covings spending hours on it but it still looks pretty bad. Is there a certain type of paint I can use which will 'fill up' these hair line cracks? And give the covings a smooth appearance??
Any advice given will be very appreciated.
Thank you in advance
👍🏼

Comments (2)

• Rowland
    3 years ago

try toupret fine surface filler as this is a better solution to paint, especially as you seem to have already spent time filling, it is a shame to put loads of thick paint over the cornice. you could use a water based wood primer which has more body to it than an emulsion and then paint with an emulsion, if you really d9nt want to use a filler.
    good luck!

• P108 P
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you Rowland, really appreciate the advice.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.