steph_reeson

garden patio dilemma

Steph Reeson
3 years ago

I wonder if I could have some advice on a project I am working on in my garden. We created a second patio with a raised pond. The issue is we cannot decide on the flooring to use. I like slate and was thinking of using blue/black slate but I am worried it might look too dark. The fence are painted silver copse and pond is made of bricks. My questions are: What should we use for the floor bearing in mind that we have steps to go down the rest of the garden, slate chippings at bottom of the steps (plum/blue black mixture). The garden is a typical Victorian terrassed garden, long and narrow.
Should we do the original patio, new patio and side return with same patio slabs or should we use different materials? Any inputs would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance

Comments (3)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.