webuser_32832390

Garden redesign for newly purchased home, help please :(

Ayse
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hello,

I am in the process of moving to a my new house. I am a first time buyer and I loved the large garden this house offered. However it seems I am clueless on garden redesign and I'm starting to feel that this would be a project beyond my skills.

So here's the footprint of the garden. The blue area is a shed complex and the yellow area is a pergola. The pink area is cement filled and is now used as the garage space.

I am on a very tight budget, so I won't be removing the pergola, but that's a future plan :)

I would like to convert some of the front are to garden space and fill all the green zone with turf and plant. I think this will be the easiest part in what I'm hoping to achieve:

Here're some pictures of the rear garden, which is the real mess. Below is the view from within the pergola. I am keen on veggies, so I'll keep the greenhouse on the left side:

This child play ground will go:

The whole garden looks like an ugly jungle right now. I think I will need to build some fences and remove a lot of plants.

What do you think of this? Do you think I need a designer to get this into decent shape? Do I need professional help for re-turfing or similar?

Also any ideas on how to design it would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

Comments (18)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.