laura_butler43

Condensation in concrete house!

Laura Butler
3 years ago

I live in a 3 bed semi, ex council house which we own with a mortgage. We’re connected to neighbours on the right side but the left is an exposed gable end as there’s a path to some garages. The house is concrete rather than brick and on the left hand side of the house we suffer with a lot of condensation inside. It’s resulted in multiple instances of redecorating the living room and the two affected bedrooms. My partner doesn’t seem to think it’s an issue, and during the spring and summer he’s right. Come winter, my anxiety is through the roof as you can physically see liquid on the walls and we’re constantly cleaning up mould from the condensation. My question is, is there anything I can do?! We have those dehumidifier tubs that you pour crystals into, keep doors open and make sure we open the windows plenty to allow air flow, and we have the heating set so it never goes below 16•. If there’s anything else I can do now to prevent it I’d like to, to stave off the winter stress! I’m looking to redecorate my son’s bedroom so don’t want to do that for it to be ruined by Christmas!

thanks in advance for reading my rant, any help will be much appreciated!!

Comments (6)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.