khurammaj

Ceiling Speakers

K- Dot
3 years ago

Hello,

We're currently renovating our property and have decided to have a wifi ceiling speaker system preferably only downstairs; hall, lounge, kitchen, dining. My husband and i are dreaming of having xmas music playing at the same time throughout the house in December via a device (phone, tablet etc). our property is a modern property.

Is there a speaker system anyone would recommend ? How many speakers would we need in each room?

I have attached the floorplan of our property aswell as the room dimensions below....

Lounge - 17'2" x 11'6" (5.23m x 3.51m)

Dining Room - 10'9" x 10'7" (3.28m x 3.23m)

Hallway - 5.15m x 1.85mm

Kitchen 16'1" x 10'4" (4.90m x 3.15m)

Thank you in advance x

Comments (6)

• fergus condon
    2 years ago

Just wondered if you managed to find the speaker system you were after?

• PRO
    Nouvelle Ere
    2 years ago

Sonos is definitely a really good system if you have not found one yet !

• PRO
    Reniam Limited
    2 years ago

Sonos is first choice.. Also consider sound proofing plasterboards and good insulation to reduce sound and vibration

• fergus condon
    2 years ago

I have done that in my existing house and whilst it reduces the sound movement to the upstairs, it does eliminate it.

Has anyone used the in wall speakers that one plasters over?

• PRO
    Nouvelle Ere
    2 years ago

I have not done any projects incorporating any of these. I sadly would not be of any help for that, hope you get your answers!

• Jason B
    2 years ago

Sonos / IKEA has just announced some picture frame speakers might be worth a look

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.