homeways

Pebble tiles with white shaker units?

homeways
4 years ago

I have a small bathroom which will have white shaker units and a grey porcelain natural looking floor. I was thinking of a slightly beachy theme and thought i would put white/pale pebble tiles throught the bath area (which will have a shower fitted over it and bath screen) and along the adjacent wall over the fitted units. I like the natural but functional look so was thinking of grey streaked marble or quartz worktop but im now wondering if these elements will clash? Note, the shaker doors shown here are not white, they are the possible choices for our kitchen which will have the same flooring downstairs.

Comments (9)

• Carolina
    4 years ago

Hi, I don't think it will clash. I think it will look lovely and soft and light and bright.

homeways thanked Carolina
  • arc3d
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Hi Homeways,

Those pebble tiles look great in photos, but I wouldn't want to be the one to clean all that grout between them!

homeways thanked arc3d
  • Olive Horsebox
    4 years ago

Thanks guys, one of the comments a friend made got me doubting, saying they’d be hard to clean but one supplier said it wouldn’t be an issue as they weren’t porous as they were well sealed so I assumed that if I sealed everything after grouting they’d be ok... Nevertheless a question mark about clashing styles got me wondering about whether it was worth it! Don’t want to go for plain boring white ordinary tiles though... as such I was wondering if I went that route whether grey grouting would add more interest or if I should go for a pearlescent craquelure look or am I just getting further away from a current cohesive look? Help!

• Sonia
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Love pearlescent. Not quite sure what craquelure is though! My sister has these pink pearlescent tiles in her en suite. Really pretty.

homeways thanked Sonia
  • minnie101
    4 years ago

I don't think they clash. I can't comment on cleaning but presumably they're mosaic? You may want to read this re installation etc as have read 2 similar articles.

https://www.diytileguy.com/pebble-tile-flooring/

in terms of grout colour I'd go for something like Carolina's 1st picture. If you have the room I think a vintage wooden stool would look great and maybe a couple of darker accents for soap bottle or a thin framed mirror etc

homeways thanked minnie101
  • Juliet Docherty
    4 years ago

They are gorgeous. I have always used Bal grout in limestone, it just seems to be a colour that works with natural elements. If you seal the grout and pebbles with Lithofin and repeat once a year they should keep looking good.

homeways thanked Juliet Docherty
  • Anthony (Beano)
    4 years ago

I’ve no pics of it sadly but when I first did my bathroom I fitted a laminate floor (very little use as we used the ensuite 99% of the time)

we had a free standing bath (still have it in my pics if you look) I left a rectangle under the bath footprint out and filled it with stones! Looked really well I thought.

homeways thanked Anthony (Beano)
  • Olive Horsebox
    4 years ago

Thankyou again, the tip on sealant is much appreciated. I used bal sealant on beige floor travertine tiles and I wouldn’t say it was the best, though better on the wall mosaics I think! Yes, I like calm natural and textured but wondered after waiting so long to do it that iight have passed it sell by date! I have a rope knitted white waxed mirror in there now but OH persuaded me to order double mirrored wall cabinets... I like a bit of reference to past so I’ll look out for a laundry box or something...

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.