webuser_263008917

radiators, BTU, loft bedroom...help!

HU-263008917
4 years ago

Hello, wondered if anyone can share their loft conversion bedroom wisdom. We are having our loft done and now need to order the radiator. The bedroom is 5.5x3.5m and 2.1m high.

I have used various BTU calculators to work out what level we need and they all tell me different things. I wondered if there is anyone who has had a relatively recent loft conversion done and knows the BTU of their radiator? (With a similar size room to ours)....and what the heating is like? I know it will be well insulated but I’m terrified of having a freezing or boiling hot room in the winter!

I’m aware that the summer will be a different matter altogether and not much we can do about that until air con becomes affordable!!

Thanks so much in advance!

Comments (3)

• kwg kwg
    4 years ago

Hello, the plumber working on your loft should be able to help you on that one or you can also ask your local independent plumbing shop when you look for radiators.

• arc3d
    4 years ago

All radiators nowadays are fitted with thermostatic valves so if it gets too hot you just turn it down until the room is comfortable.

There is no super accurate way of knowing how warm it will be because there are lots of other factors like heat coming up from downstairs, level of insulation, other electrical equipment in the room such as a P.C., personal preference and even the temperature in your neighbours house if you are not detached.

So its better to go slightly larger and then just turn it down if it gets to warm than go smaller and then have to buy another small fan heater to keep the room warm.

• HU-263008917
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks v much for your replies! :)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.