anam_tariq18

Conceal Boilers

Anam Tariq
4 years ago

Guys can you please share ideas how i can hide this boiler. its in th kitchen with french window on one side and a small dinning area on the other, Its right in the face as you open the door to the kitchen.

Also the plumbing need to be hidden on the roof. Any ideas that don't break the bank!

I do plan to change the wall paper and paint the whole place.

Comments (5)

• Daisy England
    4 years ago

Can you make it look like a wall unit? Many people hide a boiler in a unit but you need to ensure ventilation.

• Sonia
    4 years ago

We fitted a wall cupboard the same style as the other units around our boiler and it does the trick. My builder routed out three holes in the top for ventilation. The holes are about 2” in diameter. Looks okay.

• PRO
    National Green Specification Ltd
    4 years ago

If its a balanced flue it does not need combustion air, but it will get hot so it needs to ventilate from and to the room. Make sure you continue to have access to all of the controls. and if you need maintenance or replacement of the boiler make sure the 'kitchen unit' is demountable and re-mountable.

• PRO
    4 years ago

Make sure you pipes are well insulated, getting an A rated boiler will drop to B, C, D, E, F or even G rated heating system if it is uninsulated. And not just the first meter you can see but the whole system.

• PRO
    4 years ago

If you might be tempted to do a 'deep retrofit' to reduce energy consumption, running cost and your carbon footprint then consider insulating the wall behind the boiler and then refitting (extending the flues and pipes and insulation in the process). Do the same for the radiators.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.