home_farm

What is the best way to keep rabbits out of a vegetable patch?

home_farm
4 years ago

I have a galvanized wire mesh. Do you guys recommend digging a 30mm trench and burying it, or do we bend it and run it under the fence at ground level for 40cm?

Comments (2)

• Ruby Alerm
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

It`s best to make a fine-meshed grid of metal or plastic. The structure should be at least 3 feet high and - it should be 7 inches underground to prevent hungry rabbits from digging underneath. If you consider an option without a fence, you need to raise the beds above the ground. The next alternative is to deter with loud noises. Hang (especially if there`s a tree nearby) a pair of tin cans connected with wire. Under the influence of wind cans make all sorts of noises - frightened rabbits are unlikely to venture into the danger zone. Also, check out all about rabbits here, which also may be helpful. I really hope it works out!

• PRO
    OnePlan
    2 years ago

( I sooo want to type ‘ buy then little clothes and befriend them - one must be called Peter ! But that’s not very professional so I shan’t - but I’m thinking it !! )

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.