sam_potter37

How are we all doing?

Sam Potter
4 years ago

We're living in strange days. I hope all my friends and fabulous design, gardening and diy gurus are safe and well. We're far flung but we can support one another here.
Here's a pic of my grand niece Maryam, born today. Why not post a pic of something that uplifts you? Anything from a cushion to a paint swatch, to the view from your garden :-)

Comments (107)

• Jen
    4 years ago

Enjoying the sunshine

• Victoria
    4 years ago

Look what someone did to photo of my doggo

• Carolina
    4 years ago

I love that, Victoria :-D

• Sam Potter
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I'm loving all the doggo pics. Here's mine

• T Gray
    4 years ago

Hope you got some food in ok Daisy? Thank you Sam for the thread, we do need to keep in touch and keep each other as mentally healthy as we can. There is not enough good news being shared so thank you to the posters who have shared theirs, especially welcoming the youngest members of Houzz! :D

I only have fur babies so happy to share pics of those. :D

• PRO
    Warrington + Rose
    4 years ago

Hi Guys,

I must admit, these are crazy times,

I was just wondering how you are doing? are your companies working?

How do you adapt?

Warrington and Rose is still operating, … our operative have taken moulds and materials to home and they are mostly working on their gardens. Office is working from home.

When we deliver, we're keeping our distance, we have gloves, N95 masks and googles... to protect ourselves and clients...

I hope that you are all doing ok, and we will survive it together

All the best and stay healthy

Warrington and Rose team

www.warringtonandrose.co.uk

• Laura Thomas
    4 years ago

I’m working from home as much as I can, and also home schooling.
    When I’m able to forget what is going on and reason why I’m home, I’m really enjoying having to opportunity to spend more time with my daughters, very grateful for living in an area with beautiful countryside, and the sunshine.

• PRO
    Warrington + Rose
    4 years ago

Beautifull photos Laura, and remember that good mood and smile can beat anything

Stay strong

• E D
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Walking back from an essential bit of shopping I just had to quickly take a pic of this lovely pink blossoming tree.

The photo doesn’t actually do it justice but I still wanted to share it.

With apologies for the subtle Covid-19 reminder in the left bottom corner...

😊

• Sonia
    4 years ago

Lovely pic. Possibly a cherry blossom tree? 🌸

• PRO
    The JOY of Blinds and Shutters
    4 years ago

Hi Sam, a great post requesting uplifting photos! The colourful fence below always makes me smile. Joy

• E D
    4 years ago

Considering many people do not have any outside space, we’re really feeling privileged and appreciative having a garden in these bizarre times.

Here is some of our clematis/Jasmin(?) in today’s spring sunshine.

• Sam Potter
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Beautiful ED! I bought goldfish the day before lockdown. Which one is Jonathan?
    And I supported an artist by buying this mosaic artwork for my hallway. It won't be delivered til after the lockdown, but I'm very excited :-)

• Sonia
    4 years ago

E D - Clematis Montana Rubens. Yes I think our gardens will keep us sane even if we just sit in them!

Sam I love my goldfish, they are my bambinis - how sad am I lol? 😂😂

• Jules Mc
    4 years ago

Love that mosaic Sam. Where's it going?? And have you got the artists details? Would be interested in seeing more of their work.

• Sam Potter
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Jules shes just started doing mosaics. I used to work with her. Her email is katyjackson@btinternet.com.

• Victoria
    4 years ago

Not fab, sadly my dad has died in Cornwall and I am hundreds of miles away. Hoping to be able to go to funeral.

• minnie101
    4 years ago

Victoria, I'm so sorry. That's absolutely terrible news. Thinking of you and praying that you'll at least be able to go to the funeral. Thoughts are with you x

• Carolina
    4 years ago

Condolences, Victoria. That's awful. I hope you're able to go.

• Sam Potter
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Sorry for your loss Victoria.

• Patrina
    4 years ago

Victoria so sorry for your loss my Condolences.

• Laura Thomas
    4 years ago

So sorry for your loss, thoughts are with you.

• Anthony (Beano)
    4 years ago

Echo above, very sorry to hear of your loss, prayers are with you

• Jules Mc
    4 years ago

So sorry to hear such sad news Victoria.

• Sonia
    4 years ago

I’m so sorry Victoria about the loss of your dad. I hope you are able to attend the funeral. My thoughts are with you ❣️

• Juliet Docherty
    4 years ago

So sorry to hear his Victoria, hope you are able to attend. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

• Jonathan
    4 years ago

Victoria- such sad news. Thinking of you and your family.

• E D
    4 years ago

That’s so sad, Victoria.

Wishing you and your family all the strength you need.

• Victoria
    4 years ago

❤️

• PRO
    Warrington + Rose
    4 years ago

I'm so sorry for Your loss, I wish You and Your family to stay strong

• PRO
    OnePlan
    4 years ago

((((hugs)))) for Victoria x

• Luciana
    4 years ago

So sorry to hear about your dad, Victoria, my condolences...

• Priscilla
    4 years ago

So sorry to hear about your Dad, Victoria. Saying a prayer for you.

• Anthony (Beano)
    4 years ago

Fantastic people on this forum, above replies of support just shows that!

• Jules Mc
    4 years ago

Victoria, I really hope you are able to attend your Dad's, funeral but thought of you when I saw these lovely words a friend has written today on losing his beloved grandmother -

The optimist will say "They're in a better place." The pessimist will say "It was just their time." Be the realist. Smile and say "They'll always be with me." It’s heartbreaking for those not able to say goodbye today but you don’t need a room full of people and an array of flowers to know how much you were loved. ❤️

• rachelmidlands
    4 years ago

So sorry to hear about your your dad Victoria. My dearest condolences and many hugs for you.

• rinked
    last year

Bumping this post, because I miss reading all your stories, guys! And I miss creating lovely floorplans and mockups! Long Covid still hasn't left my brain, need all my energy for the basics of life. Will return though, and hopefully start something designer-ish, new adventures with glorious horizons!

• Jonathan
    last year

@rinked sorry to hear your recovery is slow. Feel better soon.

• Sonia
    last year

Oh Rinked so sorry to hear this. So many of our regulars are no longer on here and I just loved to read their advice comments, some of them so funny. That dreaded covid has floored so many people, so I hope you carry on recovering and come back to us soon. 💗

• Sonia
    last year

This is our little ray of sunshine. Haven’t had a pet for years and we decided to get a kitty cat after my husband tripped and fell and sustained a head injury. Life is very different now, but our little Nigel has brought a bit of joy into a difficult year. He’s a complete nutter (unless he’s sleepy) and makes us laugh every day.

• debbb1e
    last year

Sorry to hear you are suffering Rinked. I’ve enjoyed your comments and advice. I hope you turn the corner soon and your health is restored.

• Daisy England
    last year

@Sonia, I’m a big cat lover. He’s absolutely gorgeous. We no longer have cats because we travel to Somerset regularly and the last cat (Tinkerbelle) hated the car journey. We had to have her put down at the grand age of 22 because she was literally crumbling to bits. Outlived her sister by 10 years. They really do become part of the family. Son has 3 cats so I’ll have to share his

• Daisy England
    last year

@Rinked, l wondered where you’d disappeared to. Covid has changed a lot of lives. Here’s hoping for a quick recovery.

• Sonia
    last year

Daisy I’ve been more of a dog person in the past, but cats are amazing. They are so affectionate when they want to be but aloof when they have other things to do! Wow Tinkerbelle had an amazingly long life and seems like she was lucky to have you, and the other way round of course!

• PRO
    OnePlan
    last year

Oh gosh - sorry to hear you are having a rough time @Rinked hope you turn the corner soon and are back to full health. I’ve been absent due to just being busy elsewhere on ‘tinternet … sorry ! Will try and get on here a bit more again ! Best wishes to everyone !!

• Victoria
    last year

I’m still around from time to time 😊

• T Gray
    last year

Hi all, I was not the most prolific of posters but I really enjoy reading everyones advice and feedback. I gained so much from help on here, it is a great bunch of folks. @Rinked I hope your recovery gains momentum and are feeling better really soon. @Sonia, I am a sucker for a cat pic (I have 5) and your kitty is gorgeous. @everyone, what about posting lovely pet pics or anything happy to cheer us all up?

• Sam Potter
    Original Author
    last year

Sonia, @Rinked, Jonathan, Victoria et al, how nice to get a notification from Houzz after all this time age read your posts. I’m so sorry that you’re facing tough times @Rinked. Sonia how lovely that your pet cat is getting you through what must be challenging times. My house is ‘finished’ in the sense that I got to 85% done and though ‘this’ll do’ . Before and after pics of the latest project below. But the new dream is to build our own house in a couple of years, so I can see myself back on here full time soon!

• Sonia
    last year

T Gray what a fab idea to share pet pics or anything else that brings us a little light in the dark. I’ll start a fresh post! Sam your sitting room is gorgeous. Dark colours really seem to create a cosiness that pale shades don’t always achieve. How’s the garden going?

• Jonathan
    last year

@Sam Potter we have missed you. Any the living room is looking fab. I love the transformation in a couple of years…… it’s recognisably your style but your have refined it….. looks great.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.