sophie_mackenzie

sorry to do this but Coronavirus...build implications?

C Mack
4 years ago

I hate to mention the dreaded CV on Houzz however it will undoubtedly have an impact so trying to decide what to do about our forthcoming build.

We are due to start mid-April.
There is a strong possibility that the company I work for will be badly affected so I am concerned about committing to spending thousands just in case.
Likewise with the uncertainty about whether we will all have to self-isolate in a few weeks, I can see us getting halfway through the build and then the builders not being able to leave their house.
Am I massively overthinking this or is anyone else considering postponing their work?
I am normally totally pragmatic and unphased by stuff like this but can’t help but second guess myself at present!

Comments (2)

• Ellie
    4 years ago

Assuming you haven't signed any contract? I would delay it..... to when though?

• C Mack
    Original Author
    4 years ago

No contract Ellie and yes, I thought about postponing for a month but who knows. And of course they will have other work booked in...

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.