lewis_wakefield

Designing decking with shed in back garden Help Needed!

Lewis Wakefield
4 years ago

Hello, my wife and I are looking to put decking in our back garden with a shed sitting on top of part of it but we have some problems.

We'd like the decking to go all the way up to the large window and extend further past our old shed to make room for a new larger shed like an L-shape.

I think we have a few issues one being drainage. The slabbed surface hardly ever fully evaporates even though there is a drain where the guttering is, water from the slabs doesn't drain off to the drain I guess because its level and not sloped?

I don't know how I should prepare the site for decking would I need to break up all the concrete and slabs and then re-level it all so that all surface water drains away from the house?

Another concern is we constantly get moss blown off the roof to the slabbed area - could this be resolved permanently by having the roof and guttering cleaned? Or is it likely to be a recurring problem due to an underlying issue?

My wife suggested putting down composite decking as wood would be too slippery.

Does anyone think it's a good idea to put decking down in this area? How should I go about doing it? Thanks Lewis.

Comments (2)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.