houzzuk

POLL: What's your biggest challenge in unexpectedly working from home?

HouzzUK
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Many people are working from home due to concerns regarding the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak.

West Country Home · More Info

What is your biggest challenge in creating a productive environment when you have to unexpectedly work from home?

Computer with a strong WiFi connection
Proper lighting
Landline or reliable phone reception
A comfortable work space
Private or quiet location away from high-traffic living areas
Other — tell us below!

Comments (18)

• Mariia Sakharova
    4 years ago

there are portable extra screens, which connects with a single cable.

• Helen c
    4 years ago

Making sure I take enough stretch breaks from the computer.

• wsimes
    4 years ago

With time on my hand being isolated but wanting to use this time for needed DIY. It thus calls for innovative ways to build or repurpose things.

• Charlotte Harrison
    4 years ago

Working with young kids at home!

• tezz4
    4 years ago

An outdoor space no matter how small - fresh air!!!

• olivedefrance
    4 years ago

Normally work from home so not much has changed with that but the kids needing my attention all the time, that’s the challenge!

• Heather Harris
    4 years ago

Small laptop screen when I am used to 2 large screens

• Fiona Rea
    4 years ago

A decent printer and scanner

• Laura
    4 years ago

A toddler and a needy cat

• siobhanmcgee90
    4 years ago

Social interaction

• Lisa Holloway
    3 years ago

Feeling you can’t escape from work!

• Jules Mc
    3 years ago

I resent the phrase Working from Home and its connotations if its something that is only due to the current pandemic.

I saw something on twitter that said

" You are not working from home. You are at home during a global crisis trying to do some work".

I think it's a distinction worth making and reminding employers of!

• Antonie Labuschagne
    3 years ago

Making sure you have a routine. It's also important to remember that you have adequate breaks and keep up some form of exercise. It is ideal if you can separate your work from your living space so you can close the door work time when you are done for the day.

• Kelly Thompson
    3 years ago

No need for scanners or printers if you have an iPhone, you can scan documents from your notes app and the email them, simples!

• Sue
    3 years ago

Poor hardware provided by employer. Now using own MacBook and had to buy new router and Wi-Fi mesh extender. All good now!

• mrn_fusion
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Constant emails and phone calls from friends and neighbours throughout the day, who just want to have a chat. It's lovely but sadly a big intrusion when you are trying to focus.

• Kelly Thompson
    3 years ago

mrn_fusion
    That’s really sad and it sounds like you are very popular, I had to turn a friend away once and I said to my other friend one day we might have appreciated him being around! He died in his 20’s and I was right! I’d rather have it your way than no one! Stay safe and with respect. 👍

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.