charlotte_rees93

Help redecorating rented living room?

Charlotte Rees
4 years ago

I've recently rented a new house after being in a studio flat for a while and I'm keen to make it feel as "mine" as possible as I plan to stay here for a good while. Got the go ahead to paint (nothing outrageous) and I have a silver coloured sofa on order. I'd love to go for a cool gray on the walls with greeny/bluey undertones and then get cushions/curtains/throw in a seafoam green, but I won't be able to change the carpet that runs throughout the house which is a sort of harvest beige and I'm worried the carpet will ruin the whole look. Also painting in the living room means I'd have to take it all the way up the stairs as well and possibly into the kitchen, which is very visible from the living room through some archways in the dividing wall, and I'm nervous about having to paint so much and then potentially needing to paint it all back at the end of the tenancy. Any advice and ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Please excuse the mess in the photos, I don't have living room furniture yet so stuff is just stacked.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/uC2ss1AMLG2y8Hjr7

Comments (4)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.