urbanluxury

What trends we will see in Interior Design in 2020?

Urban Luxury - Design for Living
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

The signature looks of feature wall and white kitchens will certainly evolve in the coming years. Individuality and unique will be key; crafting, commissioning custom pieces and unique materials will make their mark in many households. We are seeking out companies and artist who have a story or a point of view rather than mass made items.

People may want the create homes reflecting their personalities, telling their stories. Consumers also thinking long term, we are more aware of the ecological implications of our purchases, buying sustainable pieces which also bring earthy elements to a design concept.

A fresh take on the countryside chic or farmhouse will be popular with mixing patterns, antique with new and modern pieces, muted tones.

Will colours and patterned walls become the new neutrals? Feature walls become murals, such as big floral wall papers, bold can mix with contrasting mono chrome. Or why not use a patterned ceiling?

I am seeing a lot of two-toned kitchens with mixing black and white cabinets, choosing an island made of a different material such as wood, or adding another colour.

Comments (3)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.