cheryl_brown8831

Family Room Wall Dilemma

Cheryl Brown
4 years ago

The lower walls are knotty pine planks (5-1/2" x 3/8" x various lengths) installed years ago. They were whitewashed a few times and now fairly white. Ceiling was recently raised (vaulted ceiling with 2 exposed trusses). My delimma is that I cannot find the same thickness or width of pine planking and it doesn't look like I will be able to. I wanted to continue this diagonal pattern all the way up. Now unsure what to do. Whatever I do, I want to make sure that one's eyes will continue to be drawn upward since I have lived with a 7 ft ceiling for way too long! I'm not really wanting to paint the drywall upper area white, but maybe. I generally like a contemporary look, but the exposed trusses just spoke to me when we opened the ceiling up. Not sure how to finish those either. Any ideas, no matter how far out they sound

would be greatly appreciated. At this point, I am just stuck and can't finish this room.

Comment

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.