liz_maclainedonaghy

Any advice for cleaning new Brazilian Slate patio slabs please?

We have just had installed a new slate patio and the slabs appear to have a chalky haze over them.

Does anyone have any advice or experience of the best cleaner to use? There seem to be a couple of HG grout and cement removers - one also mentions efflorescence also

will this be ok for slate? This picture is after jet washing!

• Sonia

I had that on my sandstone paving after installation and I was told it’s efflorescence and that it would go, and it did! I didn’t use any chemicals, just time and a bit of rain. There is a brilliant website called www.pavingexpert.com which has lots of useful paving information, including an article on efflorescence. Hope this helps!

• lizziloumac

Thank you Sonia for taking the time to reply. I’ll take a look at the website you mention. 😄