rhian_foley

Bathroom/Bedroom layout dilemma

Rhian Foley
4 years ago

What would you do? I live in a small 2 bed Victorian semi. We are getting plans for a loft conversion, which will create two rooms upstairs. I am trying to decide the best use of the space we will have and in particular, trying to decide what to do with the bedroom that will be eaten into.

My thoughts are that our current bathroom is enormous for the size of our house and that it would make more sense to take space back for living/bedroom use. The current plan (see pics) is to essentially chop the bedroom in half to make room for stairs and a landing to create direct access to the bathroom. This makes the bedroom narrow, but still usable. However, I've been wondering whether we could chop the room in half the other way, create a small bathroom and create an L shaped bedroom. I love quirky, so the idea does interest me. I'm just not sure about going from a spacious bathroom to a very small one.

Photos of current layout, proposed layout and my musings below.

Look forward to your thoughts!

P.S. Please refrain from the "why don't you move" comments. We can't move within the area as property prices are crazy, so need to make the most of what we have. Thanks.

Comments (6)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.