jennieprew

New front door broken

Jennie Jennie

We had a new expensive composite front door fitted over the last few days. After they left on the first day we discovered that the door was damaged, the lock was broken and on of the side panels had leaves stuck between the panel and the frame.

The company are reluctantly going to replace the frame and the door but not the side panels. They say they can remove the panel, take the leaves out and then replace it.

Im concerned that removing the side panels and replacing them will cause damage to the panels and leave us with a further damaged door.

They also want us to pay almost all of the cost of the door now, despite it not being in working condition. We've already said no to that...

Any advice on whether to make a fuss about the side panels

Feeling rather disappointed after waiting 3 months for the door to be made.