monkeytreeuk

Advice on Painting Kitchen Units

Frances C
4 years ago

Hello lovely people! We are tidying up our kitchen as a temporary fix until it is replaced in a couple of years or so. We don’t have the budget to do anything more at this stage. We are looking to paint the shaker style units, which have solid beech doors and melamine carcasses/panels & trim. We want it to look pretty professional, and have good painting skills but not done a kitchen before.

Three questions, your pearls of wisdom gratefully received:

1. What paint would you recommend for a matt or low sheen, finish without brush marks? What brand/technique? Torn between using traditional brands or Frenchic, Fusion mineral paints.
  2. What colours would you suggest for a contemporary look in a north-facing kitchen? The floor is hickory and the worktops will be budget friendly light grey concrete effect Ekbacken from Ikea until we get a new kitchen.
  3. Cup handles and knobs or bar handles? I can’t decide ...

Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments (24)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.