webuser_399147856

Victorian Flat layout dilema

paul green
4 years ago

Hi All,

Yet again, there is someone in need of help with the layout of their Victorian flat layout, and that person being me.

I have trawled though the website looking for ideas on how to make the most of the layout of my recently purchased flat, but to no avail.

As you can see, the kitchen/living/bathroom are all in a very long thin line, meaning that all the spaces, apart form the bathroom are fairly dark, and most annoying of all, the best feature (the garden) cannot be seen from the flat.

I had the idea of moving the bathroom next to the second bedroom, and the remaining space being opened up and becoming the living/kitchen area, however this is obviously the most costly!

My second idea was to in effect, rotate the bathroom 90 degrees, running along the wall therefore making a small dining area, parallel to the new bathroom. The internal walls could then be removed and a glass door could be installed at the back of the flat, creating a lighter space.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Comments (6)

• PRO
    OnePlan
    4 years ago

Have a good walk around the outside of the building and look for ( and note on another drawing that you can post on here ) the position of any soil pipes ( the big ones !) as that’s they key starting point of any change in bathroom /loo location .

• paul green
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Hi,

We did think about that however the space is super narrow, only being about 80cm, which is probably just slightly too small. I would imagine the cost involved would be pretty high too! Thanks very much for the response.

• paul green
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Hi OnePlan,

Please see attached, highlighted by the red circle. Probably in the most useless and unhelpful place! Would it be a big job to extend this pipe?

Thanks

• PRO
    OnePlan
    4 years ago

Lol - that’s just where I guess it might be - best advice is to get a plumber out and chat through your options - as without knowing where the main drain is etc any design suggestions are just wishful thinking !

• paul green
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks very much! That should definitely be our next step, as such we will able to get some ideas of costings and disruption caused.

Thanks again!

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.