beth_cf

Downstairs layout advice - adding downstairs toilet

Beth
4 years ago

Hi - was just hoping for some advice about altering our downstairs layout to add a downstairs toliet if possible. Doesnt seem to be an easy solution to me so was hoping for other peoples thoughts!
Will try to attach floorplan. At the moment we are using the room at the front with the bay window as our living room.
The middle room is halfway through being renovated into a dining room - would like to keep the wall with the fireplace if possible (and think would be expensive to remove as is loadbearing) Have considered taking down the wall between the room and the hallway as this isnt loadbearing to make a bigger space but havent committed to this yet. This middle room is slightly wasted space at the moment.
The back room is a kitchen diner. There are doors at the back opening onto garden which we really like so dont want to put anything on the back of the house.
The kitchen units are very old and falling apart so planning on a new kitchen in the next year or so - was hoping to add a downstairs toilet somewhere at the same time but don't know where to put it! Thanks!

Comments (6)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.