debzip

large lounge diner need help me with fire and tv placement please!

Avril
4 years ago

I have a fairly large lounge diner. It currently has a gas fire which is not to our taste and doesn’t really do anything for the room.

We have a large tv and one of the ideas is mounting this over new fire but there is a lot of negative comments regarding this so making me re think.

If we did go tv over fire I have been advised lowest tv can go is 95cm from floor so doesn’t seem to high?

Tv is 146 cm wide by 83 cm tall so quite dominant. It has facility to be a picture when not in use.

Other option is to have a fire room divider. Many though seem very box like above fire and I don’t know how to soften this.
I have taken photos of existing fire. White bench is possibly where 3 sided room divider fire could go instead.

Floor plan of room and also little sketch with some room sizes on it (not to scale!)

I am open to any and every idea so please do comment!

Nb: Wall lights are going by the way and room will be decorated.

Thank you if you are still reading!

Comments (18)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.