karen_wadeson

can you really effectively paint over tiles?

Karen W
4 years ago

my downstairs toilet is tiled floor to ceiling in an extremely pale pink 6" square Matt tile. it really is pale pink, my husband thought it was white! I want to update the room on a budget. I'm not replacing the suite. I would take the tiles off because they are completely unnecessary but I would probably need to replace so want to avoid that. I'm going to replace the carpet with let, but I dont know what to do with the tiles. I've never painted tiles, are you supposed to put the grout lines back in? I assume it wouldn't better because they are a Matt finish, but do they ever really look good? it's a dark room, although there is a window it never gets any sun. it's difficult to photograph because its tiny! any advice? thanks

Comments (20)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.