webuser_292477562

Design dilemma - creative ideas to solve an extension dilemma! PLANS!

Ali Roff
4 years ago

Hi all! We've just offered on this house, and want to extend to the side - the current owner has shared his architect's plans with us, but we wonder if anyone has any better ideas?

Info:

• There's a triangular plot of land to the side of the house we want to extent onto
  • Previous planning of a large single story kitchen extension has been rejected due to concerns about protecting tree roots
  • This is the revised plan - a double story extension is shown here - we think it's a little strange - small dining room on ground floor with a weird shaped living room upstairs, where a lot of the space is useless due to the stairs....

What we want:

• We really want a bigger open plan kitchen - the current one is very small!
  • We'd probably prefer a single story kitchen extension without the stairs taking up so much space
  • But We need to think about protecting the tree roots - can this be done?

Are there any creative ideas you have around how to use the space/ layout/navigation through the house/protecting tree roots? Anything ideas and comments welcome! Thanks in advance! Pics and plans below!

Comments (11)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.