minnie101

Bathroom dilemma

minnie101
4 years ago

Hi all, I'm having a bathroom challenge, I've spent days looking for tiles and I'm totally uninspired, although I did end up ordering some for my kitchen but maybe that should go on Patrina's post :)

We are removing the cupboard and installing a shower. To do so means taking up the floor (and more costly what sits on it to do so!). The bathroom is very old (25 years!), I've just painted it etc since we moved in but we wanted to change the floor anyway. We will likely change the console for a smaller vanity with storage (re-using the existing taps as the shower is still in production) and may repeat the cane from the mirror on the front of the cabinets.

Does anyone have any ideas for floor and shower tiles? The panelling is painted in railings btw (it reads as much bluer in the room but my iPad is old). In theory it could be re-painted as I did it myself and it's not a perfect job but would rather avoid if possible.

I would welcome any ideas, the only thing I definitely don't want is real encaustic tiles as I have them elsewhere and would like to still be able to fling the hoover round this room and clean it with flash etc! Ideas for bath colour also appreciated. Thanks

Comments (42)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.