webuser_340475243

downlights with black baffle

V D
4 years ago

I've seen over and over again from the brilliant advice-givers on Houzz that downlights with a black baffle are the best because they absorb the harshness of the light and don't give off glare. This sounds great when they are lit at night. But in the day time, aren't you staring at black holes in a nice white ceiling?

Comments (4)

• rinked
    4 years ago

Why not white ones with a milky glass cover? Personally I would not want black holes :) then again I do not like downlights.

V D thanked rinked
  • PRO
    HOT design
    4 years ago

Hi there, You can get downlights where the bulb is set back and accessories are available such as 'honey comb' filters. Orluna Lighting have a good range. We can supply. Good luck

V D thanked HOT design
  • Sonia
    4 years ago

I must have missed those recommendations! I think you are right, it just draws the eye up to a load of blackness. I’m not keen on down lights either. There are so many more attractive ways to light a room.

V D thanked Sonia
  • V D
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I'm definitely not going for a black baffle - have now seen them in action, and they definitely aren't for me. I'm having a few downlighters in the kitchen and will go for a recessed type. And I'll look at honeycomb filters. Thank you.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.