webuser_922802032

How to dress bay window in a multi-use retro room?

HU-922802032
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I am doing pretty well with getting the living room/dining room/hallway to the kitchen/yoga studio space to work for me aesthetically and practically.

I am looking for advice on the window dressing, but also open to ideas about the layout and decoration of the room generally.

The windows

We have found a lovely fabric for the window dressings and we had planned to do Roman blinds for their minimal profile. I was originally going to make up the blinds myself, but now I am nervous of my ability to do so. My partner has suggested short curtains as these will be easier to make up, but have some sort of block about short windows in a bay window, especially as they will sit right next to/on our dining table.

The room generally

We have lots of colourful knick knacks, vintage and retro furniture, an open plan layout with living room at one end and dining table in the window bay, a fish tank, a wooden mantelpiece to cover the metal fireplace underneath and we have, amazingly, managed to fit in a very large and very nice sounding hifi and speakers without turning the room into a listening room.

Thoughts and plans

I am planning to get a new (old) extending dining table with central legs instead of the gateleg one I have now. I would like to find a rug for colour and insulationWe are bringing down a wood and glass display cabinet from my mum's which will sit in fron of the metal fireplace and house the hifi equipment, with the fish tank moving across the room to sit on top of the sideboard.

Living room · More Info

Living room · More Info

Living room · More Info

Comments (11)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.