fifimcgeee

Electric Underfloor Heating in a bedroom

Hello fellow renovating tribe

Wondered if anyone might have an opinion on this. We are trying to determine a heating solution for our bedroom. We think a curved radiator would be too expensive (bespoke made) so we're thinking electric UFH might be a good way to go (we realise it can be a little bit pricier to run but more on that below).

We are blogging about our project, you can find a post about it here if you are interested https://fifimcgee.co.uk/blog/7-options-for-heating-the-master-bedroom

Here are requirements:

- Floor size 15m2

- Large curved bay window

- Cavity wall insulated

- Currently bare floorboards

- Want to fit Quick Step flooring (either wood or laminate)

We are noobs to underfloor heating so there is one question left to answer and would be grateful for any pointers from those who have electric UFH in a bedroom:

Does having UFH in our bedroom seem like a good idea? We do not want to keep the underfloor heating on all day as clearly it is expensive to do so and there's little point heating a bedroom when we aren't in it. Would an electric system provide enough heat if we were to heat the room for a couple of hours in the morning and same again in the evening? Thoughts are that if we put the device on timer then this would be not far off having a radiator blasting out whenever our central heating is on.

Any advice is very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Fi and Neil

Comments (5)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.