webuser_622968339

Looking for a Persian/traditional style wool rug for under £100

Farhan
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hello I am looking for Persian /Traditional style wool rug roughly 120cm X 160cm/ 5’X 4’ for my bedroom.

my new curtains are green with teal and I have oak furniture and laminate oak effect flooring.

So light green with cream or beige and brown.

Basically something which goes with my room.

my price range is roughly under £100.

I look forward to the suggestions .

yours

Farhan

Comments (9)

• Monica
    4 years ago

Try Ebay for that kind of a bargain. There are loads on there

Farhan thanked Monica
  • Farhan
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I am looking something new not second hand.

I have tried searching amazon.co.uk but for some reason you either get non wool rugs or a limited list of manufacturers .

Any help on what to input so I can get a better list when I search online.

yours

Farhan

• Monica
    4 years ago

In my mind a persian rug at that price will be impossible to find, and if you do find it, I would question its provenance. But, I wish you good luck !!!

• Ribena Drinker
    4 years ago

I've bought a wool 'Persian' Nain style rug, roughly the size you're looking for, new from Ebay about 12-13 years ago, they are available. But if I recall it was in excess of £100.

However, I also have some genuine Persian carpets/rugs and I can guarantee that you will not find one for under £100. To be honest, I think you would be hard pressed to find a rug of that size in wool for under £100.

Farhan thanked Ribena Drinker
  • cushioncover
    4 years ago

Ikea do a Persian effect rug in green called VONSBAK of the right size well within your budget

Farhan thanked cushioncover
  • Jules Mc
    4 years ago

Ooh that's handy to know cushioncover, I might be in the market (place!) for one of those myself
    Thanks.

Farhan thanked Jules Mc
  • Sonia
    4 years ago

When I was looking for a Persian rug, larger than what you want, I was shocked how expensive they can be. I learnt that the finer the rug, the more hand knots there were, and the region it comes from really will affects the price. These are items that are hand made by craftsmen/women and take months to complete. They are either wool or silk, although the silk ones are rather delicate and eye watering expensive. You will not get a true Persian rug for that price, not even secondhand.

However, there are lots of Persian-style rugs on the market made of polypropylene or acrylic which may have the look you want. Try Dunelm, John Lewis, Wayfair. If you are near Buckinghamshire there is a fabulous Oriental Rug Store in Olney which is stuffed full of rugs.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.