Niamh Lordan
4 years ago
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><md>Hi all

I’m looking for some ideas for my hallway, the shape is a little weird

Comments (7)

• Niamh Lordan
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I’m not sure why my original post didn’t work.... here are the pics!

• Niamh Lordan
    Original Author
    4 years ago

We’ve been working on a 2 year full renovation and I’d finally like to add personality and homely touches to our hallway. We were thinking of adding a gallery wall to the left of stairs and a console table and mirror to right of stairs. My partner thinks a mirror and skinny table would be nice opposite the front door. Any advise, I really need some help on this one.

• Sonia
    4 years ago

Fabulous hallway! It just needs those finishes touches. Definitely a console table, maybe a cupboard for coats, shoes etc, lots of art, mirror above the console table. I would put the console table along that long wall which runs from the door (front door?) to the stairs. The area opposite the front door looks a bit small for a console and the white radiator sort of ruins the effect. I’d paint that radiator the same colour as the walls to disguise it a bit. I think a bench somewhere would also be useful, either wooden or upholstered.

Colourwise you could carry on the neutral greige with your accessories, but add some black for impact, such as the picture frames and the console table. Dark wood would also look good. Adding some warm metals such as brass or copper would cosy it up a bit. Here’s some ideas, although the last pic is a bit bold!

• HU-209277437
    4 years ago

Niamh- what’s the flooring in hallway?

• Niamh Lordan
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks Sonia, great ideas and inspo pics

• Niamh Lordan
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Flooring is a porcelain tile

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.