wishmynamewasbarbarabroccoli

Please help with de-beiging my bedroom!

Hi Houzzers, I need some advice for my bedroom.
We have just moved in and are saving up for an extension so I don't have a lot to spend, but all the beige in here is driving me slightly nuts! I much prefer whites and greys.
The navy bed and lamps I love, in the last house I put it with dark wood and gold but I'm a bit bored of that. The furniture will have to stay for now but in a year or two I probably will replace it. The carpet is pretty new and good quality so that too will stay for now.
I was thinking of painting the walls and ceiling over the Christmas break. I was wondering about F&B Ammonite or Cornforth White as a warm beige-y grey, but I have fallen in love with Dimpse...though I think it will be too cool a grey for the room with the current furniture and carpet.
Also re curtains, I think it needs some to soften it, though it doesn't need them for privacy because there are blinds fitted to the windows. I was thinking a very pale grey or white velvet, floor length with a very soft drape.
I also would love some ideas for artwork for the walls and cushions to dress the bed. Accessories on the dressing table can be changed easily though I quite like what's there at the moment!
Thanks all!

Comments (8)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.