bobchalmers

How to tile this step?

Richard G
4 years ago

Hi all,

This may be pretty obvious to most but i can't quite figure out the best thing to do.

I've got a small entrance-way (very small entrance-way to be exact) which has a small step down into the hall.

Currently the hall has wooden flooring and i was hoping to tile the small entrance area but there is a weird skirting kind of arrangement from the entrance-way down to the wooden hall flooring.

Ideally i'd like to tile over the edge of the step also as i think that would look best but i was just wondering if anyone would know how best to do this? The wooden floor already runs underneath this bit of "skirting", i'd assume i'd have to make a more solid step somehow before then tiling it.

Apologies if this is more a "how to" rather than a design question as such but i'm just not sure how to approach it, where the skirting should stop and finish etc. etc. so any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's just a bit weird.

Comments (11)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.