schmidtbristol

Tips To Make A Small Kitchen Feel Bigger

Schmidt Bristol
4 years ago

If your kitchen is beginning to feel cramped, or you need more space to show off your culinary skills, there are many solutions that you could try. You could call a team of home renovation experts who will get to work knocking down walls and designing a new, much larger kitchen than before. Another option is to sell your house and buy a new one, preferably with a much larger kitchen, of course! The only problem with these two solutions is that they are very expensive and time consuming.

No, you need a much simpler, less expensive, way of making your small kitchen feel larger. Fortunately, we are going to share some of our best kitchen design tips that will help make your small kitchen feel bigger in no time.

Kitchens by Schmidt · More Info

Replace Solid Cabinet Doors With Glass Ones- this is an easy way to give the illusion of more space and give your kitchen an updated, designer look. Just be sure not to clutter the interiors with pantry items and keep everything organised.

Paint Cabinets The Same Colour As The Walls- by painting your cabinets the same colour as your walls, you are eliminating visual boundaries that can you’re your kitchen appear much smaller than it actually is.

Direct The Eye Upward- by choosing patterns and other visual elements that help direct the eye upward, your kitchen will instantly appear more spacious and taller.

Flood The Space With Light- adding more light to your kitchen will make it appear larger. And by keeping window treatments to a minimum, you can let in more natural sunlight, reducing the need for additional light fixtures.

Add Open Shelving- reduce visual weight and create the illusion of more space by incorporating open shelves. To give your kitchen a more modern look, choose floating shelves over shelves with brackets.

Declutter- removing all of the clutter from your countertops and other workspaces will give you more room to work on your culinary skills.

Use Modern, Clean Lines In Your Kitchen Design- ornate designs can make your kitchen seem small and outdated. By using more modern, clean lines in your kitchen design, you will create a more spacious feel and you just might you’re your kitchen a little more!

To learn more ways to make your small kitchen feel larger and to create a designer kitchen in your home, contact Schmidt Bristol!

Comment (1)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.