beano49

Crimbo tree/decoration pics 2019

Anthony (Beano)
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Only a matter of time so I’ll start, got the tree out early (for me) this year! Have to say, does put a smile on my face with the house looking a bit more festive :-) please share some pics

As you can see, I don’t go mental but I’m happy! :-)

Comments (116)

• Emma Cordell
    4 years ago

Finally got one this weekend.

• Gabby Wong
    4 years ago

Wow Ribena!! That spread is amazing!! You should feel so proud! Also love the Christmas tree!

Emma, are they dehydrated orange slices on your tree? Love the creativity!

• Sam Potter
    4 years ago

Ribena I'm totes jel of those canapes. My cooking marathon starts this afternoon. Tell me you secrets!

• Sam Potter
    4 years ago

Emma your tree is gorgeous. Like Gabby I'm really impressed with the orange slices. I'm stealing that idea!

• Emma Cordell
    4 years ago

Thanks Gabby and Sam. Yes, orange and lemon slices baked in a very low oven. Lemon slices took about 2 hours, oranges took 3+.

• Ribena Drinker
    4 years ago

Sam - starting about 2 months ago and freezing everything that could be frozen. LOL

Another tip which we use is, if you're short of fridge space when getting things plated up and finished off beforehand, we've got some big professional catering black plastic platters with clear plastic lids, which we load up with the stuff as we finish it and pop outside on the garden table, then we can plate it all up and lay it out properly on the table, closer to the time.

Obviously, this only works in the winter, but it gives you a giant natural fridge! They're fairly cheap to buy and are re-usable, they really make everything so much easier. The other plus is, if you're running short of time, the trays are so nondescript, that if you don't get round to plating up properly, you can just use them straight on the table.

The other secret weapon is a very obliging other half, who is interested in cooking.

• Sam Potter
    4 years ago

Fab tips there! I'm not hosting a big Xmas this year, just me, two grown up girls and my parents, but I throw a couple of parties a year. and I'm gonna try this.

• Sam Potter
    4 years ago

Emma, can you reuse them every year, or do you throw them away after one Xmas?

• Emma Lamb
    4 years ago

I like white and sparkly in the sitting room and more traditional in the kitchen. My hanging bough made by my gorgeous d, who is at college studying floristry. It took her 3 hours and no amount of money offered to her by friends and family have convinced her to make one for them:-)

• lesannfull
    4 years ago

Lounge and dining room trees.

• Jules Mc
    4 years ago

Love seeing all of your trees and Christmas decs. Bit late to the party but it's the first time in ages the house has been tidy enough to take a photo!! Happy Christmas everyone!!

• Jonathan
    4 years ago

I can’t claim any credit but rather lovely anyway

• E D
    4 years ago

You call that tidy, Jules?

Socks hanging to dry on the fireplace, toys and boxes all over the floor... lol.

Actually, it all looks lovely and warm!

• Jules Mc
    4 years ago

Ha ha you don't see your own mess do you ED?
    Thank you! Although don't tell my other half it looks warm. He'll turning off the heating again until February!!

• Anthony (Beano)
    Original Author
    4 years ago

new home @Jonathan? Looks very nice!

• Jonathan
    4 years ago

@Beano not yet moved- assuming the movement can be resolved we will move in January.
    The picture shows the trees leading to the ensuite but the staff have put them too close together and I keep grazing the trees with my golf cart.

• Anthony (Beano)
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Ahhh..... :-) where is it if you don mind me being nosey! Looks a lovely room in the background

• Sonia
    4 years ago

Crikey Jonathan you use a golf cart indoors, and you have staff? Do you live in a stately home lol? :-))

• rinked
    4 years ago

I guess Jonathan lives in a furniture store, somewhere fancy ;)

• Jonathan
    4 years ago

Actually those trees are at a hotel I stayed at last week..... but I can dream of living in a Stately home

• Patrina
    4 years ago

lol you guys are hilarious! :-)

• Gabby Wong
    4 years ago

Well I’ve left for warmer climates and am visiting my brother in Oz so he’s not spending alone as he didn’t think he’d be able to come home.. but he’s gone all out with decorations to make it feel festive despite the heat and bought enough food to feed an army! (There’s about 6 desserts hahaha)

• Anthony (Beano)
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Have a great one @Gabby Wong

ohh and everyone else, Merry christmas

• wheezy11
    4 years ago

Still in the middle of building work but the floor is just about laid. No kitchen as yet, but we’re quite happy with our tree. Looking forward to joining in next year with something more baubly. Merry Christmas you inspirational people

• PRO
    OnePlan
    4 years ago

Merry Christmas lovely peeps !!!

• Gabby Wong
    4 years ago

Thanks Beano!

Hope everyone has a lovely day!

• Victoria
    4 years ago

My tree this week ;-)

• Alice Sermanni
    4 years ago

Merry Christmas

• T Gray
    4 years ago

Only found the cat resistant tree decorations on the evening of the 24th, popped them on the tree... they are now mostly on the floor. :D Ah well, it did look nice in the 30 minutes before they woke up and discovered the new toys. :D

• pmasmith3
    4 years ago

Christmas tree and Christmas table!

• Monica
    4 years ago

I am sliding in with our photos just as the last minutes of 2019 are rolling over. We had a house full here since Christmas Eve eve and not had a moment to share. I went all out just like I always do and loved every second. Wishing you all a very Happy New Year full of gorgeous interiors nd satisfying diy projects <3

• Patrina
    4 years ago

Monica, all looks perfect. My favourite has to be the pic of the pooch with his lovely bow. Wishing everyone a very Happy, healthy and prosperous 2020.

• Anthony (Beano)
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Echo above, looks fantastic, health to enjoy plenty of years in it :-)

• Sam Potter
    4 years ago

Monica, just stunning! Happy New Year everyone Xx

• Victoria
    4 years ago

Looks like the pages of a stylish Christmas interiors magazine, Monica. Gorgeous!

• minnie101
    4 years ago

Oh wow Monica, Victoria took the words out of my mouth, it looks stunning and Olly looks so cute :)

Happy new year all and here's to the last day of cooking/entertaining for a while!

• Monica
    4 years ago

I cannot eat anymoreeeee...Well maybe after I finish the sourdough I'm about to pop in the oven LOL Many thanks for the sweet words loves <3

• Jules Mc
    4 years ago

Agree it looks stunning Monica. And I moan at the effort of putting up my one tree !! Love your fireside chair arrangement too. See that layout all the time in USA homes but not so much here. I think it's perfect!

• Monica
    4 years ago

Aww thanks Jules, it was the only way we could fit our two big sofas and the chairs in here. I wish the arrangement could have been a bit tighter around the fire and more in line but even though the room is square the chimney breast is not in the middle. And I had two more trees I have not photographed... I am Christmas crackers !! so sad it's nearly all over :(

• Gabby Wong
    4 years ago

Wow Monica!! Can I hire you to come fix up my house next year?? That’s looks picture perfect. Love the pic of Ollie - such a photogenic one!

Happy new year everyone!

• Jules Mc
    4 years ago

Nice to hear Monica. I love the house when the decs are up (cover a multitude of sins!). I put them up pretty late compared to most these days but hate them coming down to reveal unfinished jobs and less than perfect paintwork!!

• Monica
    4 years ago

Amen !! Isn't hat always the case ?? I am however ready to tackle some jobs again :)

• LTS
    4 years ago

Wow Monica your decks look stunning!

@J.J. Love your wall decoration above the chair - can I ask where you bought it?

• Ellie
    4 years ago

I love all these pics, but I've started to tidy up what to me is just a big mess now!

• Sonia
    4 years ago

All my decs are down and order has been resumed, I know what you mean Ellie! :-)

• Patrina
    4 years ago

With a daughter born on New Years Eve all my decor were taken down before her birthday. Must admit it was a bit sad but my now10 year old loves that we make her day about her.

• J.J.
    4 years ago

LTS

Thank you,It’s a large wire wall hanging, purchased from Laura Ashley a few years ago.

• Maggie
    4 years ago

Hi @Monica, I just loved your armchairs :) Where are they from, do you remember??

M,

xx

• Monica
    4 years ago

I found them on eBay like new but they were from Homesense as they still had the price on them underneath.

• Monica
    4 years ago

Sorry Maggie just realised you meant the chairs in the lounge. They are by Duresta 😊

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.